Well over a million teachers, firefighters, police officers, and local and state employees throughout Texas actively invest in their retirements through public pensions. Hundreds of thousands of retirees in the state depend on their pensions to survive. Strong public pension systems ensure that Texans who have served their communities can comfortably retire—and encourage others to make similar commitments.
The Texas Pension Coalition represents the interests of active and retired public employees throughout Texas. We work to make retirement security an ongoing conversation between public employees, their employers, and their representatives.
Map of Teacher Retirement System of Texas pension benefits by county:
Map of Employees Retirement System of Texas pension benefits by county:
Become a pension champion: To learn more about how you can protect pensions as a lawmaker, click here.
- Economic Benefits of Pensions in Texas
- Texas Pension Buck
- Putting Pension Cost in Context: Texas
- Learn more about how public pensions benefit the entire Texas economy.
- The Backstory: Public Pensions in Texas
- 5 Things to Know About the State of ERS
- Learn more about our partners: